Hybrid Electric Vehicles Benefits, Function and limitations

1. Benefits of electric machine in HEV as compared to ICE

• Constant high torque at low speeds 
• Very high efficiency
• Instant torque delivery
• Energy recovery capability

2. Functions of hybrid Electric vehicle

• Engine idle stop/start
• Electric torque assistance(fill and boost)
• Energy recuperation (regenerative breaking)
• Electric driving
• Battery charging (during driving)
• Battery charging (from the grid)

3. The main limitations of a HEV are:-

• It adds more weight to the vehicle due to additional electric components,
• It is more difficult to build the HEV
• The total cost of purchasing and ownership increase (compared to a ICE vehicle). In most of the HEVs the electric propulsion is done using premanent-magnet electric machine. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice Post For me and It is a very different blog than the usual ones I visit. From this post, I get more knowledge and I read a lot of interesting content here. Thanks for sharing a knowledgeable post. Custom soft magnetics for sale online in USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information you have shared here is really informative. I got some great knowledge from this post. Keep Posting. Aluminum screwcap torque tester

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got some wonderful knowledge from this post . The post is very informative and helpful also. Thanks for sharing such a post. Keep it up. Magnet manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an helpful post you have shared here. I got some helpful knowledge from this post. Thanks for sharing such a post. Keep it up. bottle cap torque tester suppliers

    ReplyDelete